Sign up for either the YWP My Community Story program OR the accompanying Master's Practicum in Community Storytelling.
The YWP My Community Story program provides each teacher with her/his own private digital classroom web site, access to My Community Story curriculum content and technical and content support throughout the year. The fee is $250 per teacher for the full program. YWP is a non-profit and this charge covers our anticipated costs. However, since our aim is to help you help kids to write -- not to make a lot of money, we offer other packages:
- Reduction for schools that have more than three teachers using the program. Contact Geoffrey Gevalt.
- $100 if you wish JUST the platform and not the My Community Story program.
- $50 if you just wish to have access to the content on this site (guest/guest access will be disappearing soon) to cut and paste into your own digital classroom platform like Google Classroom.
- There are a limited number of scholarships available for the full program.
Sign up here for the Master's Practicum in Community Storytelling (more info by clicking here) which offers you:
- The full My Community Storytelling program (platform, content, support)
- Two St. Michael's College credits (can be audited)
- Fee: $750 (for credits) or $500 (audit, licensure credits)
- Two in-person meetings with instructors (Geoffrey Gevalt, YWP Founder, and Kathy Folley, veteran language arts teacher) and colleagues
- Five video conferences; online site for interaction and writing
- More intensive learning and achievement with students
- DEADLINE FOR COURSE APPLICATION IS Monday Sept. 25 -- first meeting, (video conference is Sept. 27)
If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact Geoffrey Gevalt, YWP director, 802-324-9537 or firstname.lastname@example.org